Triple Threat Academy is a year round basketball skill development program. Our focus is building the fundamentals necessary to succeed at whatever level a player wants to achieve.
We have multiple locations that offer daily classes for ages 4 and up: group training, private training, semi-private training, workshops and team training.
We also specialize in offering the best and most innovative camps in Northern California. Nationally recognized, all our camps are skilled based and take place in the Summer, Winter and Spring.
What makes us different? After a decade of skill development experience, TTA was the first basketball academy in the Bay Area to offer daily skill training. We have assembled an incredible team of trainers that teach basketball and work with kids for a living.
They are passionate, enthusiastic and have the professional experience to take players from all levels to their ultimate potential. On top of that, over 70% of our coaches have higher education degrees and many are both trainers and coaches.
Search our site for the program that’s right for you and as always, your first workout is FREE.
Triple Threat Academy’s mission is to provide the highest quality basketball instruction in the world. Using the most innovative techniques, we keep student-athletes engaged while building confidence and self-esteem that will reach beyond the court of play.
With integrity and purpose, our goal is to develop tomorrow’s leaders, build lifelong relationships and give back to our communities to make for a more positive tomorrow.
We use basketball as a vehicle to teach life skills.
The term Triple Threat, in its simplest form, refers to the offensive stance that allows you to pass, dribble or shoot on the basketball court.
We take the term to the next level; to become a true Triple Threat, our players must combine their playing skills with hard work, a positive attitude and teamwork.
Triple Threat Academy strives to help students accomplish their basketball goals in a fun and educational environment.
Our goal is for every student to leave with a positive experience, realizing that lessons learned on the court can help shape their lives off the court as well. Education is a fundamental element of Triple Threat Academy, an element emphasized and ingrained into every student’s mind.
Triple Threat Academy (TTA) started in 2003 with the idea of bringing a first class attitude back to American Basketball.Â With passion and determination for helping kids, Tony Freccero and Lou Richie have since built TTA into a household name and is recognized as one of the finest basketball training academies in the world.
TTA has been fortunate enough to work with over 10,000 student-athletes around the world, implementing our life skills approach to the great game of basketball.Â Below are some of our highlights:
- June 2003- TTA Founded
- June 2004- Tony Freccero invited as a guest coach at the NBA’s Basketball Without Borders camp in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- June 2004- TTA forms partnership with Bolar Academy in Brazil, offering a year round basketball academy for underprivileged youth
- June 2004- TTA is chosen to run the Drew Gooden Basketball Camp and facilitates the first true International Camp held in the Bay Area, with more than 90 children and their families attending the camp from Mexico
- June 2005- TTA starts Project Shoe Assist and collects more than 4,000 pairs of shoes that have been donated to children in Brazil, Philippines and Africa
- 2006- Lou Richie publishes his first book, From the Imaginations of Sixth Graders, which raises money for the Lou Richie Foundation, helping Bay Area youth afford private education
- May 2007- TTA forms a partnership with 24 Hour Fitness to implement our program on a daily basis
- June 2007- TTA is featured on the Cartoon Network’s PROPS and along side Baron Davis, make one young man’s basketball dreams come true
- September 2007- TTA honors our 10,000 student-athlete by forming the Leon Powe Scholarship Fund, which helps kids attend TTA
- August 2008- TTA establishes partnership with Bladium Sports Club in Alameda
- January 2010- TTA’s Project Shoe Assist collects 10,000 pairs of shoes for victims of the Haiti Earthquake
- March 2012- TTA alum Brandon Ashley gets nominated to the McDonald’s All American game
- June 2012- TTA alum Damian Lillard is an NBA Lottery pick for the Portland Trailblazers
- January 2013- TTA becomes and Alpha program for Point 3 Basketball–offering the world’s best basketball gear to TTA Coaches, Parents and players
- March 2013- TTA alum Oderah Chidom gets nominated to the womens McDonald’s All American game
TTA is dedicated to serving the youth and using basketball as our vehicle to help facilitate a better tomorrow.