TTA Girls Academy is Finally Here!
Triple Threat Academy is very excited to announce the formation of TTA’s Girls Academy at our Oakland location located on the campus of the Greek Ascension Cathedral and our San Ramon Location.
We are thrilled to finally offer a basketball training program totally geared for girls. Our goal is to create an environment where our female players feel at home and excited to: learn the game of basketball, build friendships, grow life skills and have fun.
The Girls Academy will launch in September, with the intention of making it a year-round program that evolves with more opportunities (leagues, camps) as participation grows. To start, we will be offering group classes with a similar format to our current group classes, but structured to meet the needs of our female beginner/intermediate players.
- Professional/Paid Coaching
- On court skill development, and game strategy
- Making fitness fun to learn/develop healthy habits
- Growing friendships and teamwork
- Life-skills (dedicated lesson each day)
- Mistake Friendly Environment to Learn the Game
Built From the Ground Up
Passionate about sports and the positive impact sports can have on individuals and communities, TTA has partnered with Nadine Glinski to develop this program from the ground up. Nadine enjoyed a 27-year career in professional sports working 11-years for the National Basketball Association, launching and directing the Jr. NBA and NBA Fit, creating domestic and international programming and initiatives focused on youth and families for NBA teams and communities.
Nadine played basketball and softball at the Division I level and coached youth basketball for 9 years (girls– 7 years and boys- 2 years). Her son has been part of TTA for the last 5 years. “I’m thrilled to join the TTA Girls Academy and work to create the same positive environment established over the years by Tony and his team of coaches. I look forward to the classes and programs having a positive impact on girls on and off the court .“
When: Winter 2023 Season: January 2nd-February 26th
Games: 8 Classes Total
Who: Girls Ages 6-12
When: See Schedules Below
Schedule- Winter 2023 Season Girls Academy
How to Pick a ClassOur classes are mostly geared beginner to intermediate for ages 4-10, then advance after age 11. If your child is advanced for their age, we recommend joining a higher age group.
We have multiple coaches within each class, so kids will be broken up by age/skill and the class level will be dialed up/down depending on the level of the group. Players of all skill levels will be challenged and benefit.
How Does it Work?
- Pick a class that fits your child’s age and skill level
- Choose a day of the week and time that work for you based on the schedule we offer
- You will come to that day and time for the entire session
- Each class is it's own entity and has a different set of kids
- Want more than one day per week, just add another day and you will qualify for our multiple class discountWe offer different types of classes. They are very similar, however each is formatted a bit different based on what you are looking for--more skill work or more game situations.
For full details on our different offerings, click below:
- Group Classes
- Girls Academy
- Developmental League
- Game Time
Below Schedule is for: 2023 Winter Season