When we asked Marcus about joining Triple Threat Academy as a coach, he said it was “a no-brainer.” Marcus truly loves the game, but gets as much joy from helping young players improve their skills.
He also derives a lot of personal satisfaction from providing a strong role model for his students to look up to. Yes, Marcus definitely carries himself with a maturity beyond his years, but that doesn’t mean he’s boring. On the contrary, he knows exactly how to create a fun environment for young players that makes them want to learn.
As someone who first touched a basketball on an elementary playground—then took his skills all the way to the NCAA’s Final Four in 2013 with Merritt College—Marcus knows what it takes to succeed. And he passes those nuggets of wisdom on, as well as his love of hard work and his true passion for the game. Kids can’t help but be inspired when they’re with Marcus.
It makes sense, then, that Triple Threat has been more than just a job for Marcus. He’s developed a talent for teaching that’s as strong as his talent for the game — and you can definitely see it in his students’ eyes
- High School- Bishop O'Dowd (2012)
- College- Merritt (CA) 2014- Final Four Appearance 2012-13. First Team All-State 2012-13 season
- Coaching- City of Oakland - Recreation Leader and Peewee Basketball Coach
- Loves: working out, Traveling, Food and watching the Warriors and Oracle
- TTA Club Team Coach- 12u Silver
- After School Programs: Crocker, Redwood Day